Office of Elections
The Director of Elections / General Registrar provides all eligible citizens convenient access for voter registration, maintains 93,500 voter records and other election-related data accurately, organizes and oversees voter registration opportunities, recruits and trains Election Officials, conducts locality absentee voting, manages new candidate qualifications with campaign finance and supervises primary, special and general election polling precincts for local, state and federal elections.
The Director and staff are committed to providing each citizen of our County the opportunity to exercise his or her right to vote in an efficient and equitable manner in accordance with the Constitutions of the United States and Commonwealth of Virginia and the Code of Virginia. Staff strive to manage effective elections while protecting the integrity of the democratic process.
- If you would like to register to vote but have a few questions, feel free to call our office at 540-507-7380, or email@example.com.
- You can now register online. Please visit the Department of Elections eligibility page to complete, check or update your registration.
Resources for Voters
- Check our Facebook Page - Spotsylvania Votes - for updates, reminders, deadlines, voter and election information.
- March 6, 2018 our department relocated to the Southpoint area. View a map of our new location (PDF).
- Our County will hold a June 23, 2020 DUAL Primary. Absentee voting begins May 8, 2020. Anyone can vote - we are not a party affiliated State. Stay tuned to this website, The Free Lance Star and our Facebook page, Spotsylvania Votes for possible changes to these dates.
- Sample Ballots for the June 23rd Primary are below. Since this is a Dual Primary for most of our County (depends on your congressional district), there are three ballot styles: Republican Primary is Statewide, so all precincts can vote - 1st and 7th congressional district. The Democratic Primary is ONLY in the 1st congressional district.
- Absentee Voting: see the links to the left. You can apply online, in-person (forms outside office) or by mail/email/fax. You then vote either in-person or through the mail. (Voted ballots may be dropped off to our office or in the secure drop box outside our main door instead of returning by mail.) Additional plans for voting during the covid-19 pandemic will be shared soon. We begin absentee voting 45 days before EACH election. If printing a paper application - submit to Spotsylvania Voters or fax to 540-507-7519.
- Covid-19 Safety Measures our office is taking to protect our voters and our fellow citizens that serve as election officials:
- The next Electoral Board Meeting - will be determined soon - meetings are held at the Office of Elections (4708 Southpoint Parkway, 22407).
Christina Johnson is accountable for all aspects of absentee voting, applications, processing, in-person and by mail, etc. She also supervises Campaign Finance reporting. Contact Christina Johnson.
Election Official Coordinator
Katelyn Mitchell is responsible for mailing/handling paperwork for all election officials, scheduling workers at precincts, etc. Contact Katelyn Mitchell.
Voting Machine Technician
Chelsea LeViner programs and maintains our voting machines and laptops used as pollbooks for our elections. Contact Chelsea LeViner.
Election Day Coordinator
Regan Halkyard plans and coordinates elections with contacts from schools and County buildings used as precincts on all Election Days. Contact Regan Halkyard.