Please see the Spotsylvania County Water Conservation Policy for other terms and conditions.
- Backflow Prevention - An approved backflow prevention device is required and must be inspected annually.
- Watering - Under the Conservation Program, irrigating/watering can only occur every other day. (With exception of new lawn installations, which daily watering for 30 days will be taken into consideration.
- Hardware Requirements - A certified smart controller, a rain gauge (in addition to an approved backflow prevention device) is required.
- If a device or pump is installed on the irrigation line that causes damage to the County-owned meter that serves the irrigation system, the homeowner will be billed and responsible for paying the cost of a replacement meter.
- A work request will be submitted to Field Services for installation of a secondary water meter barrel (to be installed near or beside your existing domestic water meter barrel). This installation could take 8 to 12 weeks, depending on workload and weather. Installation can occur without notice. A good indicator that work is imminent is utility location markings or flags in the work area.
- Meter barrels are located in the ground; therefore, to install a secondary barrel, *excavation is necessary. Depending upon several factors, excavation may be accomplished via heavy equipment and/or hand-digging. Crews will be working within the existing easement to install this new meter barrel near/beside the customer's existing domestic water meter barrel.
- Once the secondary barrel is installed, it is the homeowner's responsibility to disconnect their irrigation system from the home's domestic meter and connect to the new auxiliary meter.
* Excavation will occur in your yard for the secondary meter barrel installation. Post excavation, topsoil will be added and compacted to keep the disturbed site as close to grade as possible. County workforces will only apply seed and straw to the disturbed area. Additional maintenance and upkeep (to include watering) may be required to re-establish growth and will be the responsibility of the homeowner. Any additional landscaping (i.e. grass, sod, shrubs, trees, flowers, hardscapes, etc.) disturbed by the secondary meter barrel installation process is the responsibility of the homeowner to replace.
Please take into consideration that your irrigation service provider may need to disturb this work area to connect your irrigation system to the irrigation meter setting. Site rehabilitation and maintenance after the irrigation provider's work is completed will not be the responsibility of the County.
By submitting this form, I, the property owner, agree to the terms and conditions outlined in the Spotsylvania County Water Conservation Policy and the General Installation Guidelines. I also understand that if a device or pump is installed on the irrigation line and damage is caused to the County-owned meter that serves the irrigation system, the homeowner will be billed and responsible for paying the cost of a replacement meter.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field