There are simple changes you can make to your daily routine that can add up to big savings.
- Increase your family’s awareness of water efficiency and conservation.
- Shorten your shower by 5 minutes and save an average of 12 gallons of water per day.
- Turn off the water when you brush your teeth or shave and save up to 2.5 gallons per minute.
- Wash only full loads of laundry and dishes instead of smaller partial loads and save between 15 and 50 gallons of water per load.
- Limit car washing and use an automatic shut-off nozzle and save an average of 70 gallons per wash.
- As appliances and fixtures wear out, replace them with water-saving models.
- Repair dripping faucets, showers and continuously running or leaking toilets.
- Reduce the water used in toilet flushing by either adjusting the vacuum flush mechanism or installing toilet tank displacement devices (dams, bottles, or bags).
Learn more here: Water Saving Tips