How can I request a "no-wake" buoy on Lake Anna?

Sec. 14-13 of the Spotsylvania County Code governs regulatory markers on Lake Anna. Anyone interested in applying should send an email to [email protected] with a request for the application and process information. Buoys are regulated by the Virginia Department of Wildlife Resources (DWR), but the application and approval process is administered by the County. Applications are reviewed by the Zoning Administrator, Lake Anna Advisory Committee, the County Administrator, and the Board of Supervisors' member who represents the affected voting district. An approval/denial recommendation is made to DWR which will ultimately approve or deny the request based on the justification provided. Click here for the application and here for steps to apply for a buoy.

Show All Answers

1. How can I find the zoning of my property?
2. Is a permit needed for a small garden shed? What about an agricultural/farm building?
3. What are the regulations for keeping chickens at my house?
4. Can I keep bee hives at my house?
5. Am I allowed to keep farm animals on my property?
6. Are there any restrictions on how tall the grass in a yard can be?
7. How many inoperable or junk vehicles are allowed on a property?
8. Are there permit, height, or location requirements for fences?
9. Where can I find a plat of my property?
10. What are the requirements for mobile food trucks?
11. Can I operate a daycare in my home?
12. What are the regulations for home-based businesses?
13. Is there a restriction on how many people can live in a house?
14. What type of approval is needed to host events?
15. Am I allowed to shoot guns on my property?
16. What are the zoning requirements for solar panel installations?
17. Where can I find commercial sign requirements?
18. How do I request a zoning confirmation letter?
19. Who do I contact for a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request?
20. How can I request a "no-wake" buoy on Lake Anna?