How many inoperable or junk vehicles are allowed on a property?

For properties smaller than 2 acres, 1 inoperable/junk vehicle may be kept. For properties 2 acres or larger, 2 inoperable/junk vehicles may be kept. All such vehicles must be shielded from view from neighboring properties with either a form-fitting vehicle cover (tarps do not meet this requirement), a min. 6’ opaque landscaping hedge, or a min. 6’ opaque fence. An inoperable/junk vehicle is any vehicle which cannot move under its own power, OR is disassembled or in a state of repair for 60+ days, OR does not have a valid license plate, OR does not have a valid inspection sticker (not including registered and licensed antique vehicles). See Sec. 12-20 of the County Code for the complete code requirements.

Please note these requirements do not apply to industrially-zoned properties, nor do they apply to businesses engaged in properly-permitted vehicle repair unless such vehicles are outside of a structure in a state of repair for 60+ days. They also do not apply to any property upon which the vehicles are contained within a properly-permitted, fully-enclosed structure.

Show All Answers

1. How can I find the zoning of my property?
2. Is a permit needed for a small garden shed? What about an agricultural/farm building?
3. What are the regulations for keeping chickens at my house?
4. Can I keep bee hives at my house?
5. Am I allowed to keep farm animals on my property?
6. Are there any restrictions on how tall the grass in a yard can be?
7. How many inoperable or junk vehicles are allowed on a property?
8. Are there permit, height, or location requirements for fences?
9. Where can I find a plat of my property?
10. What are the requirements for mobile food trucks?
11. Can I operate a daycare in my home?
12. What are the regulations for home-based businesses?
13. Is there a restriction on how many people can live in a house?
14. What type of approval is needed to host events?
15. Am I allowed to shoot guns on my property?
16. What are the zoning requirements for solar panel installations?
17. Where can I find commercial sign requirements?
18. How do I request a zoning confirmation letter?
19. Who do I contact for a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request?
20. How can I request a "no-wake" buoy on Lake Anna?