Effective May 1, 2021, residents of Spotsylvania County that wish to dispose of household trash and recycling at any of the County’s convenience Centers, or the Livingston Landfill, must obtain and permanently display a residential refuse decal to enter the facilities.
- There is no cost to the taxpayer for the Residential Refuse Decal.
- Spotsylvania County residents and real property owners may obtain refuse decals through the Spotsylvania County Treasurer’s office by online application form, mail-in application, or in person.
- The Treasurer’s office will verify each request in order to issue the refuse decal(s) to a resident or real property owner of Spotsylvania County.
- Refuse decals are issued as permanent decals for up to a maximum of five (5) personal vehicles that the resident will use at the County-owned solid waste facilities.
- Refuse decals are not available for commercial business users.
- Refuse decals do not relieve the customer of any disposal fees that may be applicable.
- County staff reserves the right to ask for other identification/proof of residency.
- The refuse decal must be permanently affixed to the right side of the official inspection sticker when viewed through the windshield from inside the vehicle. The side edge adjacent to the refuse decal shall not be more than 1/4 inch from the edge of the official inspection sticker (per the Code of Virginia: 19VAC30-40-30 Placement).
- Refuse decals may be revoked if used in violation of the Solid Waste System Regulations, including the requirement that the decal is not given to or shared with persons that are not residents or real property owners of Spotsylvania County.
For more information about obtaining a Residential-Use Refuse Decal, contact the Treasurer’s office at 540-507-7058.
For information about Solid Waste Center hours and services, contact the Solid Waste Division at 540-507-7725.