How do I submit an appeal?

You may submit an appeal if you perceive that modeling or data used to create the map is technically or scientifically incorrect. An appeal must include technical information, such as hydraulic or hydrologic data to support the claim. Contact a professional engineer for information on how to obtain this data. Appeals and comments must be submitted through the County to be forwarded to FEMA. Please submit appeals and comments to Spotsylvania County’s Floodplain Administrator: Josh Frederick, at [email protected], (540) 507-7434.

Show All Answers

1. Who is responsible for changing the flood risk maps?
2. My house is not within the newly mapped high risk flood area, am I required to get flood insurance?
3. How much will flood insurance cost?
4. My insurance provider does not offer flood insurance, what do I do?
5. How do I submit an appeal?