Livingston’s Blend Compost benefits the environment by helping to decrease runoff and soil erosion by adding organic matter that effectively absorbs and holds water. Adding Livingston’s Blend to the soil allows for the aggregation of soil particles, creating pore spaces for air. This space allows for moisture to more readily enter the soil surface, enabling the solid to hold more water and allowing for increased plant growth. This also, in turn, decreases runoff and soil erosion.
Compost is a proven soil conditioner that provides enhanced growing results.
- Improves soil structure:
- Improves soil aeration, allowing for superior rooting.
- Reduces the bulk density of heavy clay soil.
- Increases the water holding capacity of sandy soils.
- Reduces soil compaction and crusting
- Improves water filtration in heavy, clay soils
- Increases microbial and earthworm populations
- Improves the cation exchange capacity of the soil, allowing for fertilizers to be effectively utilized by plants.
- Possesses a Neutral pH
- Is weed-free
- Livingston Blend Compost meets US Environmental Protection Agency and Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services requirements for exceptional quality biosolids compost.
The Livingston Compost Facility guarantees that all Livingston’s Blend Compost has been treated by a process to further reduce pathogens as defined by the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). The Livingston Compost Facility, in accordance with the requirements of the Virginia State Department of Health, the Virginia Department of Environmental Quality, and the EPA, guarantees the metal concentrations are below the regulatory limits established for exceptional quality biosolids. There is no warranty of merchantability or fitness of Livingston’s Blend Compost and the Livingston Compost Facility is not in any way responsible for crops, gardens, or other vegetative growth damaged, injured, or destroyed from its application. Livingston Blend Compost should be stored in a protected area away from play areas for children. The user agrees to abide by the instructions for usage provided with Livingston’s Blend Compost.