Help protect your property and the environment by following these tips:
- Maintain/repair your private sewer lateral to meet regulations and area plumbing codes.
- Remove any prohibited stormwater connections.
- Clear roots, grease, debris, or other blockages in the lateral all the way to the connection with the sewer main.
- Know where your cleanout is for quick access to clear blockages or stop backups.
- Keep your cleanout cap on and in good shape. This keeps out rain and debris that can cause blockages, backups, or overflows.
- Eliminate F.O.G. (Fats, Oils and Grease) in your drains.
- Do not use your toilet as a trash can. Only flush toilet paper.