Spotsylvania County Utilities has invested significantly and continues to invest in sewer improvements to reduce the likelihood of SSOs by:
- Cleaning and maintaining the sewer system.
- Reducing infiltration and inflow of stormwater and groundwater into the sanitary sewer through rehabilitating and repairing broken or leaking lines.
- Enlarging or upgrading sewer lines and pump stations.
- Eliminating buildup of fats, oils and grease (FOG) from the sewer system.
- Educating the public on how FOG, wipes and other household products can clog sewer lines.