How do I stop water/sewer service?

You may stop water/sewer service at your property address and close your customer account by completing the online form: Stop Water / Sewer Service. If you have any problems submitting your information or if you have any questions regarding service, please call 540-507-7300, Press Option 1.

  • We need a minimum of one business day notice to stop service Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., and we are closed weekends and holidays.  Call us by 4:30 p.m. on a Friday to stop service on a Monday (excluding holidays).  
  • The services will be turned off as early as 6 a.m. if no other account is scheduled to be opened that day at the property address, so consider this when determining what day you would like to close the account.
  • Have your current customer account number and your forwarding address available in order to complete the online form and stop service.      
  • Give us a call at 540-507-7300, Press Option 1, to verify that the information has been received and your stop service order has been scheduled.

Show All Answers

1. How do I stop water/sewer service?
2. What if I am moving?