The Spotsylvania County Economic Development Department has been authorized by the Spotsylvania County Board of Supervisors to administer a small business reimbursement program to assist small businesses with unexpected expenses that have been incurred due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The program is designed to reimburse small businesses for COVID-19-related business expenses up to $5,000.
"Our small businesses have been hit particularly hard by the unprecedented uncertainties of this pandemic," says Kevin Marshall, Chairman of the Spotsylvania County Board of Supervisors, Berkeley District. "This program is designed to offer support to small county businesses struggling with unexpected burdens and hardships. It is a way for us to offer a helping hand to those in need during these challenging economic times."
Examples of qualifying expenses for reimbursements are outdoor seating, outdoor heaters, social distancing measures, video conferencing subscriptions, technology for e-commerce, personal protective equipment, thermometers, and other business related expenses. Each Spotsylvania County business that submits an application will be eligible for up to $5,000 in reimbursement funds and may submit multiple applications throughout the program until the business reaches the maximum reimbursement award of $5,000. If there are more qualified applications than there are allocated funds, grants will be awarded in the order complete applications are received.
Applications will only be accepted via email at [email protected]
- Principal place of business must physically be located within Spotsylvania County .
- Business must be in good standing with Spotsylvania County (current on all taxes, licenses, fees and permits).
- Must demonstrate that the business was operational during the coronavirus pandemic and experienced negative impacts to its operation due to the pandemic.
- Business must submit W-9 tax form, receipts and itemized receipt form with the application (If any of the above items are not included, the application will be disqualified.).
- Business employs less than 75 employees.
- By signing the application, the business certifies that it has not already received reimbursement through other sources for the submitted expenses.
To apply- Small Business Reimbursement Program Application
To view the program flyer- Small Business Reimbursement Program Flyer