The Spotsylvania County Economic Development Department has been authorized by the Spotsylvania County Board of Supervisors to administer a small business reimbursement program, to assist small businesses with unexpected expenses that have been incurred due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The program is designed to reimburse small businesses for COVID-19-related business expenses.
Examples of qualifying expenses for reimbursements are outdoor seating, outdoor heaters, social distancing measures, video conferencing subscriptions, technology for e-commerce, personal protective equipment, thermometers, and other business related expenses. Each Spotsylvania County business that submits an application will be eligible for up to $5,000 in reimbursement funds and may submit multiple applications throughout the program until the business reaches the maximum reimbursement award of $5,000. If there are more qualified applications than there are allocated funds, applications will be awarded in the order a complete application was received.
Applications will only be accepted via email at email@example.com
- Principal place of business must physically be located within Spotsylvania County .
- Business must be in good standing with Spotsylvania County (current on all taxes, licenses, fees and permits).
- Must demonstrate that the business was operational during the Coronavirus pandemic and experienced negative impacts to their operation due to the pandemic.
- Business must submit W-9 tax form, receipts and itemized receipt form with the application (If any of the above items are not included the application will be disqualified.).
- Business employs less than 75 employees.
- By signing the application, the business certifies that they have not already received reimbursement through other sources for the submitted expenses.
To view the program flier- Small Business Reimbursement Program Flier