The Department of Utilities/Public Works located at 600 Hudgins Road is open by appointment only during normal business hours, Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Please call 540-507-7300, Press Option 1, or email email@example.com for assistance and scheduling. There is a drop-box located curbside in front of the building for correspondence and start/stop water service applications. For more information about Spotsylvania County Government buildings reopening with limited access, please view Press Releases at www.spotsylvania.va.us.
What Visitors Need to Know:
- The health and safety of staff and the public are our top priorities.
- Visitors entering county buildings to conduct business are strongly encouraged to wear their own face covering as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to limit spread of the virus.
- Staff is provided face coverings and are encouraged to wash hands frequently and/or use hand sanitizer.
- Hand sanitizer stations are in county buildings with public access. Please use them as you enter and exit buildings.
- Protective screening is installed in areas where public interaction occurs with staff.
- High traffic areas in county buildings and frequently- touched surfaces continue undergoing enhanced, increased disinfecting.
- Employees and the public are asked not to enter county buildings if they are sick.
Important Reminders and Best Practices:
- It’s safer to stay at home, if possible.
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds; use hand sanitizer with a minimum of 60% alcohol if hand washing isn’t an option.
- Practice social distancing, keeping a minimum of 6 feet between you and others at all times, if possible.
- Wear a cloth face covering when in public to help limit the spread of the virus in asymptomatic individuals.