News Flash

Museum - Historical Articles

Posted on: November 14, 2019

A Changing Landscape

Courthouse Plat

From the Museum Archives.  In 1880, the area in Spotsylvania Court House village started to change.  It began with subdividing part of the land associated with the historic "Spotswood Inn".  Originally a 1,000 acre tract, the land immediately adjacent to the Courthouse and Jail was surveyed for development.  Soon Victorian era homes would follow.

Facebook Twitter Email

Other News in Museum - Historical Articles

Kalmbach's Mill

Posted on: September 2, 2020
Roxbury on the Po River

Places from the Past

Posted on: May 12, 2020