News Flash

Museum - Historical Articles

Posted on: May 12, 2020

Places from the Past

Roxbury on the Po River

Beverley Stanard built “Roxbury” around 1743.  Stanard owned 2,000 acres between the Ni and Po rivers. 

The home (photo circa 1880) burned in 1920. The home site and cemetery near Thornburgh Elementary School is now owned by the Spotsylvania County Board of Education.

Facebook Twitter Email

Other News in Museum - Historical Articles

From Cadet to Judge

Posted on: October 9, 2020

The Block House

Posted on: September 28, 2020

Kalmbach's Mill

Posted on: September 2, 2020
Courthouse Plat

A Changing Landscape

Posted on: November 14, 2019