Here is a quick list of things to do from your computer or phone to help take the edge off having to stay away from others.
1. Take a tour of the new location of the Spotsylvania Museum as it will be opening soon, here is the YouTube video by Ted Schubel
2. Virtual tours of several of the area battlefields can be found on the American Battlefield Trust’s site. You can learn about the Revolutionary War and there is an Animated Graphic Novel on this site too.
3. Fredericksburg Field House has QuaranToned activities on their FaceBook page
4. Spotsylvania Parks and Recreation has ideas for a scavenger hunt and a bear hunt on its FaceBook page
5. Actors from the Screen Actors Guild Foundation read children’s books on Storyline Online
6. Good time to fill out your 2020 US Census
7. Learn about African American History in Spotsylvania County with the curators of the John J. Wright Museum or follow the African American Heritage GIS Tour
8. Learn about Birds of the Word on Central Rappahannock Regional Library’s webpage, See the preview, then click on the link to look up birds you are interested in. CRRL also has online service you can access from home
9. Check out the Richmond Falcon Cam to watch the Falcons over Richmond on the DGIF website. They also have a shad cam, but not much happening there.
10. Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens has a virtual garden visit
11. The Critter Cam at the Virginia Wildlife Center has 3 critter cams, you can watch bears, an eagle or baby bobcat
12. Germanna Foundation will start FaceBook Live 5 minutes with Germanna, and you can explore the Germanna YouTube channel to learn about the area