Spotsylvania Museum

May 13

[ARCHIVED] Places from the Past

The original item was published from December 18, 2019 2:21 PM to May 13, 2020 1:14 PM

Roxbury on the Po River


Beverley Stanard built “Roxbury” around 1743.  Stanard owned 2,000 acres between the Ni and Po rivers. 
 Roxbury 3.jpg
 

The home (photo circa 1880) burned in 1920. The home site and cemetery near Thornburgh Elementary School is now owned by the Spotsylvania County Board of Education.