View All Posts

May 13

Places from the Past

Posted on May 13, 2020 at 1:14 PM by Terry Dougherty

Roxbury on the Po River


Beverley Stanard built “Roxbury” around 1743.  Stanard owned 2,000 acres between the Ni and Po rivers. 
 
The home (photo circa 1880) burned in 1920. The home site and cemetery near Thornburgh Elementary School is now owned by the Spotsylvania County Board of Education.