Spotsylvania Museum

Nov 14

[ARCHIVED] "A Changing Landscape"

The original item was published from November 14, 2019 3:17 PM to November 14, 2019 3:36 PM

From the Museum Archives.  In 1880, the area in Spotsylvania Court House village started to change.  It began with subdividing part of the land associated with the historic "Spotswood Inn".  Originally a 1,000 acre tract, the land immediately adjacent to the Courthouse and Jail was surveyed for development.  Soon Victorian era homes would follow.

Courthouse Plat