- Departments A - F
- County Administration
Thanks for visiting our site and using Spotsylvania County's official social media tools. The goal of the County's social media activities is to engage the community, enhance transparency and strengthen responsiveness by using multiple tools to inform residents about County events, programs, services, emergencies and more.
We are committed to open, transparent government and dialogue concerning our community. In an effort to ensure material is appropriate, however, we monitor all postings, comments, images and links and ask that they remain focused, suitable, respectful and truthful.
The County has the right, in its sole discretion, to post, remove, delete or choose not to post any materials on any social media sites or services. The County reserves the right to remove any material that, in whole or in part in our view, does not comply with this policy or applicable law. The County also reserves the right to remove material that does or appears to:
- Advocate or depict illegal activity
- Be misleading or false
- Be spam or include links to other sites
- Campaign for public office or promote a political organization or candidate
- Contain anything obscene, sexually explicit, or incites, glorifies or tends to promote violence or hate.
- Contain computer viruses, code or which otherwise may disrupt, damage or restrict the use of any computer software, hardware or telecommunications equipment
- Contain personal attacks of any kind
- Infringe on copyrights or trademarks or intellectual property rights of others
- Promote or endorse private business ventures, services or products
- Target, disparage or discriminate against any ethnic, racial, religious, gender or other type of group
Repeated violations will result in Spotsylvania County banning participation on platforms that permit organizations to ban users.
Please note that the comments expressed on these sites do not reflect the opinions and position of the Spotsylvania County government or its officers and employees.
We recognize the web is a 24/7 medium, and your comments are welcome at any time. However, given the need to manage our staff resources (your tax dollars); we are generally available during regular business hours, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.