Old Berea Christian Church is listed on the National Register of Historic Places in Spotsylvania County's Historic Courthouse District.
in 1832, the Reforming Congregation of Disciples chose a group of trustees to start a new church. The group chose the name Berea Christian Church after the ancient city of Berea in Macedonia, where the Apostle Paul spoke. The group of trustees selected a site between the old Spotsylvania Courthouse and the Block House in 1834. The church building was destroyed by fire in 1855. A wealthy planter and merchant offered a site near his family's burial ground and the new Berea Christian Church was completed in 1856 where it stands today.