Marine Corps Sergeant Joshua James Frazier was assigned to the 1st Battalion, 6th Marine Regiment, 2nd Marine Division, II Marine Expeditionary Force, at Camp Lejeune, North Carolina. He died February 6, 2007, while conducting combat operations in Anbar Province, Iraq. He was 24 years old.
After graduating from Spotsylvania County High School in 2000, he felt compelled to join the Marines, where he found his calling. He served in Okinawa Japan, Korea, Afghanistan, and Iraq. Soccer Field Number 1 at Patriot Park is dedicated to Joshua for his service to our country and selfless actions.
Awards & Decorations
His decorations include:
- The Afghanistan Campaign Medal
- Four awards of the Sea Service Deployment Ribbon
- The Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
- The Iraq Campaign Medal
- The Marine Corps Good Conduct Medal
- The National Defense Service Medal
- The Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal
- The Navy Meritorious Unit Commendation