Fines / Costs
Spotsylvania Circuit Court Guidelines for Installment Payment Agreements Effective 7/1/17
- Pursuant to VA. Code §19.2-349 all requests for payment plans are subject to approval.
- Restitution accounts- All payments made will be applied to such account first until paid in full. The payment set will be based off your original Court Order.
- The first payment will be due within 30 days of initiating your agreement, a payment is required every month by your due date.
- Please note that any additional amounts you pay will go towards your balance owed, however it will not credit to the next month.
- If a petitioner defaults upon the initial restitution plan or after a subsequent payment plan request has been granted, then a 17% collection fee is added to the total due.
- Once the Clerk receives the payment plan, your case(s) will be updated to reflect the payment agreement.
- If you would like a copy of your payment plan or receipts for any payments, you must send a self-addressed stamped envelope to our office with your payments.
The above are the collection terms unless otherwise modified on an individual basis. A request for any other form of relief requires leave of the Court.
Christalyn M. Jett, Clerk
Circuit Court Clerk's Office
P.O. Box 96
Spotsylvania, VA 22553-0096
Please provide the name and case number with your payment. If you do not know your case number, please call 540-507-7619 or 540-507-7630.
Payments are accepted Monday to Friday from 8 AM to 4:00 PM
Payments are also accepted by phone, however a 3% convenience fee will be charged.
Community Service is calculated by the Judge and can only be applied to court fines, not restitution.
Pursuant to VA. Code §19.2-354(C), Community Service is available to certain individuals as listed in the terms and conditions below:
- The Judge will not assign the defendant to a specific organization for community service, the defendant will need to seek out the organization themselves.
- The defendant's request for community service must include a notarized statement on the organization's letterhead.
- The organization must be nonprofit.
- Community Service cannot be completed at the facility where incarcerated.
- Community Service hours cannot be applied to restitution owed.
This office strives to assist you. If you have additional questions please contact the Fines and Costs Division directly at (540) 507-7619 or (540) 507-7630.