- All classes, programs, and trips involving a fee require advance registration.
- Birth Certificates are required at the time of registration for all children under the age of 18. Proof of age is kept on file at the department and is only required for initial proof of age.
- Checks are payable to Treasurer, Spotsylvania County unless otherwise noted. Please note that there is a $50 fee for returned checks.
- Deadlines: Please note that all activities have a registration deadline. Any registration not received by the deadline is charged a $10 late fee.
- Transfers are available with a $5 transfer fee.
- If registering more than one person for the same activity: please send a separate registration form for each person. Forms may be photocopied.
- Upon receipt of the registration form, birth certificate, and fee, an individual is automatically enrolled. You will not be notified unless: there is a problem with your registration, change in the program schedule, the program is full or canceled.
- Registration is accepted on a first-come, first-served basis until the activity is filled or the registration deadline has passed.
- All individual refunds are subject to a 20% administrative charge. The 2.75% Non-Refundable Convenience Fee paid for credit/debit card transactions will not be refunded. Refund checks are mailed through the Finance Office and will take 4 to 6 weeks to process.
- Refunds will be made automatically if: the program is filled, canceled, or when changes in the day, time, or location of the program would prohibit the Registrant’s attendance.
- Individuals wishing to withdraw from a program:
- May do so by contacting the Spotsylvania Parks and Recreation Department at least one week prior to the start of the program or by a designated date for sports programs and then submit a letter to the Parks and Recreation Office requesting a refund.
- No refunds will be issued to individuals who contact the Department later than the designated date.
- No refunds will be given after the start of the first scheduled activity.
- Extenuating circumstances may be considered on a case-by-case basis at the Director’s discretion.
- Medical excuses are required for refunds requested due to medical reasons - when the refund is requested in less than one week’s notice.