- Departments A - F
The Inspections Office and Plan Review Office will be closed and there will be no inspections or Plan Review on the following days, due to Inspectors/Plan Reviewers Training:
Normally every 3rd Wednesday of every month, please check department calendar.
Cut off time for scheduling inspections on training days will be Noon sharp. Cut off time for scheduling inspections on all other days will be 4 p.m.
Inspectors are available for calls from: 7 a.m. to 7:30 a.m.
If you would like to check on the time of your inspection please call 540-507-7246 between 7 a.m. and 7:30 a.m. to talk to your inspector
Connection of new or upgraded electrical service, you must contact your power company once the electric service inspection is approved.
Connection of Electrical Services (PDF)
Safety Inspectors can be reached with their office and cell phone numbers. You may use this list to contact your inspector directly to obtain an approximate inspection time. Inspection times are typically given in 2 hour blocks, i.e. 10 a.m. to noon or 1 to 3 p.m.
The inspection staff makes every effort to adhere to estimated times of the inspection but they are subject to change based upon the timing of inspections made earlier in the day.
- Air Distribution (PDF)
- Approved 3rd Party Inspectors (PDF)
- Backflow Certification (PDF)
- Backflow Preventer Checklist (PDF)
- Backwater Valve Certification
- Backwater Valve Certification PDF
- Certification for Deck Ledger (PDF)
- Chimney Certification (PDF)
- Commercial Backwater Valve (PDF)
- Duct Leakage Certificate (New Construction)
- IVR - Commercial by Project Type (PDF)
- IVR - Residential by Project (PDF)
- Manufactured Home Certification (PDF)
- Policy for Electronic Communication of Inspections (PDF)
- Residential Backwater Valve Certification (PDF)
- Special Inspections 2012 Code (PDF)
- Third Party Inspection Policy (PDF)
- Third Party Inspection Policy PDF
- Waterproofing Certification (PDF)