General Information: One motor vehicle (car, pickup or panel truck) owned and used by a qualifying disabled veteran may be exempted from tax. Boats, motorcycles, trailers, RVs, or vehicles for business use, etc. do not qualify.
• The veteran has a 100% service-connected, total and permanent disability or a total disability rating based on individual unemployability due to a service-connected disability.
• Vehicle must be owned and regularly used by the veteran.
• Leased vehicles are not eligible.
• The vehicle may be co-owned with a spouse of the veteran.
• This vehicle exemption does not apply to vehicles owned solely by a spouse or a surviving spouse.
Summary of Benefits letter from the U. S. Department of Veterans Affairs indication the veteran has a 100% service-connected, permanent and total disability and the effective date of such rating.