Residential Permitting Process
Follow These Steps to Apply for a Permit:
- Locate the application below that best describes the project that you will be completing.
- READ through the ENTIRE application packet and checklist.
- Complete the Residential permit application
- If you are the landowner completing the work yourself, please list "self" or your name in the fields that apply. If your property is owned in an LLC, you must hire licensed contractors and cannot perform any work yourself.
- If you are NOT completing Electrical, Plumbing, Mechanical, or Tank work, please place N/A on the first page.
- The project value and the water/sewer source must be completed on page two of the application.
- Please follow the signature guidelines that are listed on your checklist.
- Please ensure the applicant's signature is completed in both places on the application.
- Gather all documentation, plot plans (if applicable), and building plans as directed on your checklist.
- You are now ready to submit.
- For all residential permits, you must follow our Electronic Submittal Guidelines.
- All building plans must be drawn to a 1/4" scale or larger.
- If your submittal application falls under the following categories you may submit it via email:
- Accelerated Interior/Basement Renovation
- Accelerated Accessories
- Over the Counter - Checklist/ Fee Schedule
- Home Occupation
- All other permits can only be submitted in person or via USPS, UPS, FedEx, or any other carrier of your choice.
- Accepted Forms of Payment: Please be advised that the only forms of payment currently accepted by the Code Compliance Department are Checks, Online, Money orders, *Debit, and *Credit. *If Debit/Credit is used there will be a 2.70% convenience fee added to the total amount due
Upon issuance of a Building Permit, the responsible party will only receive an electronic copy of their approved plans. However, it is up to the responsible party to provide a PAPER copy of all approved plans, construction documents, and the permit card on site for the inspector(s). The paper copy must be printed to scale and must have the County Approved Stamp on the plans. If this requirement is not met, you will be subject to a failed inspection, and fees may apply.
Over the Counter Permit Application Packets:
(Over-the-counter permits can be submitted via email [email protected], along with payment. The payment is due at the time of submission.)
All Other Residential Permit Application Packets:
(The permit applications below must be submitted per the Electronic Guidelines (FlashDrive or Disc) in person or via FedEx, UPS, USPS, or any other carrier of your choice to our office; to have permits mailed back, a prepaid envelope for FedEx or USPS will need to be provided.)