Residential Permitting Process
Follow These Steps to Apply for a Permit:
- Locate the application below that best describes the project that you will be completing.
- READ through the ENTIRE application packet and checklist.
- Complete the Residential permit application
- If you are the landowner completing the work yourself please list "self" or you name in the fields that apply. If your property is owned in an LLC you must hire licensed contractors and cannot perform any work yourself.
- If you are NOT completing electrincal, plumbing, Mechancial, or Tank work then please place N/A on the first page.
- The project value and the water/sewer source must be complete on page two of the application.
- Please follow signature guidelines that are listed on your checklist.
- Please ensure the applicant signature is completed in both places on the application.
- Gather all documentation, plot plans (if applicable), and building plans as directed on your checklist.
- You are now ready to submit.
- If you are submitting a Single Family Home Application, you must follow our Electronic Submittal Guidelines.
- Anytime your documents are larger than 11x17 on paper you must also follow our Electronic Submittal Guidelines.
- All building plans must be drawn to 1/4" scale or larger.
- If your submittal application falls under the following categories you may submit via email:
- Accelerated Interior/Basement Renovation
- Accelerated Accessories
- Over the Counter
- Home Occupation
- All other permits can only be submitted in person or via USPS, UPS, FedEx, or any other carrier of your choice.
Over the Counter Permit Application Packets:
(Can be submitted via email to [email protected])
All Other Residential Permit Application Packets:
(You must submit all applications in person or via FedEx, UPS, USPS, or any other carrier of your choice to our office)