Activities will resume under guidance from the Commonwealth of Virginia and Spotsylvania County officials. Please note that classes, programs, facility rentals, special events, and sports may be delayed, postponed, or cancelled if at any time new guidance is issued at the state or local levels regarding the COVID-19 virus. Attendants will not be able to participate if they are experiencing any of the following: cough, shortness of breath, fever or chills, sore throat, muscle aches, headache, or new loss of smell or taste.
TAI CHI is the wonderful Chinese art of balance. Through Tai Chi we work the energy of the body to reduce stress, depression, blood pressure, and our heart rate while improving our breathing, flexibility, mobility, balance, strength, circulation, posture, concentration, memory, and mental outlook.
QIGONG are postures and movements which enhance the functioning of our joints, our immune system, and all the main systems of our bodies for vitality and longevity.
Tai Chi & QiGong are done slowly and smoothly without the jumping and jarring impact of other exercise. Tai Chi & QiGong do not include any exercises which require getting down on the floor.
What to wear? Loose fitting clothes that allow a full range of movement and comfortable shoes that provide stability.
Marti Wilson, Certified Tai Chi Instructor
- Date: Tuesdays/Thursdays April 4 - 27, 2023
- Time: 8:00pm - 9:00pm
- Location: Marshall Center Main Lounge
- Ages: Adults and Teens 16 & older (Ages 12-15 w/parent)
- Registration Start Date: 02/06/2023
- Registration Deadline: 02/24/2023
- Cost: $45 County Residents/ $55 Non County Residents
- Form: Tai Chi & QiGong Tues/Thurs Registration Form
- Online Registration: Register Online