- What is the Annual Water Main Flushing Program?
- When will crews be in my area?
- What is the change in the disinfection process during the flushing period?
- What are chloramines?
- What is free chlorine?
- Why is the water that Utilities distributes to customers disinfected with free chlorine instead of chloramines each Spring?
- How long will free chlorine be used to disinfect my drinking water this year?
- Is water disinfected with either free chlorine or chloramines safe to consume?
- Could water disinfected with either free chlorine or chloramines be harmful to dialysis patients if it is used in the dialysis process?
- Will my water taste different during the temporary conversion to free chlorine?
- Will chloramines affect household plumbing, pipes and/or water heaters?
- How can I remove the chlorine taste from my water?
- Will pool owners need to treat water differently?
- What does the term hydrant flushing mean?
- Could I see a drop in water pressure due to hydrant flushing in my area?
- Can hydrant flushing in my area cause cloudiness or sediment in my water?
- How can I get more information about Spotsylvania County Utilities water quality?
- Where can I find Spotsylvania County Utilities' Water Quality Reports?
- Who makes the rules and regulations for drinking water?
- What is the source of my drinking water?
- How is bacteria that cause disease kept out of drinking water?
- How "hard" is Spotsylvania County Utilities water?
- Is it safe to drink water from a garden hose?
- What is a water main break?
- How do I report a water main break?
- What causes water main break?
- How does Spotsylvania County Utilities repair a water main break?
- How long does it take to repair a water main break?
- How do we determine which breaks to repair first on any given day?
- What should I do when my water service is restored?
- What is WaterSmart?
- What is the WaterSmart Software Program?
- How do I register or log into WaterSmart Customer Portal?
- How should I use the WaterSmart Customer Portal?
- How do I customize my WaterSmart Customer Portal profile?
- What is the Home Water Report that I receive from my WaterSmart Customer Portal?
- What is a water service lateral?
- Who is responsible for the maintenance of the private water service lateral?
- I need to find my water service lateral, shut-off valve, and my pressure regulator. Can Spotsylvania County Utilities locate them for me?
- I have questions about my own plumbing or I want to check out what my plumber is telling me. Can Spotsylvania County Utilities answer my plumbing questions?
- What is a sanitary sewer lateral?
- What is a sewer cleanout?
- Who is responsible for the maintenance of the private sewer lateral?
- Why are defective sewer laterals a problem?
- Why is it important to keep rainwater from entering sanitary sewer laterals?
- How can you maintain your private sewer lateral?
- Should you purchase sewage backup insurance?
- What is a Sanitary Sewer Overflow (SSO)?
- Why do SSOs occur?
- What should I do if I encounter an SSO?
- What does Spotsylvania County Utilities do to reduce the potential of SSOs?
- Is it possible to totally prevent SSOs?
- Does Spotsylvania County Utilities report SSOs to regulating and enforcing agencies?
- What can I do to help prevent SSOs?
- What is a cross-connection?
- What is backflow?
- What can cause a backflow?
- Why should I be concerned about cross-connection contamination?
- What is my liability?
- What is my responsibility as a business owner?
- What does the law say about cross-connections?
- What is Spotsylvania County Utilities' role in backflow prevention?
- What is Sanitary Sewer Smoke Testing?
- Is the smoke hazardous?
- Will smoke enter my home or building?
- What should I do if smoke enters the building?
- When will sanitary sewer smoke testing crews be in my area?
- What should I do to prepare for sanitary sewer smoke testing?
- Can the smoke activate smoke alarms?
- Do I have to be home during the sanitary sewer smoke testing?