Restoration of Firearm Privileges


You must have a copy of the letter from the Governor's office that restores your civil rights, be a resident of Spotsylvania County, and include a letter to the Judge stating why you want your firearm rights restored.


  1. Fill out Petition (PDF)
  2. Include a copy of your letter from the Governor and letter to the Judge.
  3. Filing Fee of $98.00

After filing the required documents, the clerk will prepare service for the Commonwealth Attorney's Office. If the Commonwealth Attorney's Office objects to the restoration, the matter will be set for a hearing before a Judge. If the Commonwealth Attorney's Office does not object, an Order granting the restoration will be prepared and forwarded to a Judge for review and entry, if appropriate. 

Please note that this is not legal advice or representation,as the Clerk's Office is unable to give legal advice.