Registrar and Electoral Board
Continually Seeking "Officer of Election" Positions
The Spotsylvania County Registrar and Electoral Board are seeking individuals to serve as “Officer of Election” and "Voting Machine Officer of Election " to work at the polls this Election Day.
What is an Election Officer? Election Officers work at the polls on Election Day to ensure elections are run in an honest and well-organized manner. Election Officers are appointed by the County Electoral Board with a one year term starting March 1st of each year.
Am I eligible to work as an Officer?
- You can serve if you are a registered voter in Virginia.
- And if you do not hold any government elective office.
- You cannot be the deputy or employee of an elected official.
- If you enjoy serving the public, display first-rate customer service and are detail oriented.
Is training provided? All Election Officers are required to attend a short training class. Classes are held prior to each election and you are paid for your time. You will work with experienced Election Officials (Chief and Assistant Chief Officers at each precinct) and will have reference materials to refer to as well as access to the Registrar’s Office by telephone.
Are Election Officers paid? Yes, you will be compensated for working Election Day, and for attending the training session.
What are the duties? You will:
- Arrive at your polling place at 5:00am.
- Help prepare the polling place for voting.
- Assist processing/checking in registered voters.
- Demonstrate the voting equipment if needed.
- Help close the polling place, tally results and complete some light paperwork.
WE ARE ALSO SEEKING VOTING MACHINE OFFICERS OF ELECTION. These Officials would be trained on overseeing the operation of the voting machines on Election Day. There would also be special training provided and all the above applies to these officials as well.
How do I apply?
Call Voter Registration at 540.507.7380 or 507.7383 - ask for Ann or email email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you!