Street Sign Repairs

Who do I call about missing or damaged signs? 

If the missing or damaged sign is a traffic directional sign (stop, yield, speed limit, etc.) or route number sign, please contact the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT)  at 540-899-4300.  VDOT also maintains divided highway and interstate signs and issues permits for temporary signs that are placed in the right-of-way.  

If the missing or damaged sign is a green street name sign, call the County Sign Shop at 540-507-7703.  

Contact Information

Main: (540) 507-7704
Fax: (540) 582-5110

U.S.P.S. Mailing Address: 
Capital Construction Division
Spotsylvania County Utilities/Public Works
600 Hudgins Road
Fredericksburg, VA 22408

Physical Address: 
8960 Courthouse Road 
Spotsylvania, VA 22553 

Division Director:  Josh Knight, Division Director of Public Works

Web site feedback