Meet Your County Treasurer
Larry K Pritchett
Married, wife Judy
Three grown children and four grandchildren, all living in the area
Lifetime resident of Livingston District - currently residing on Old Mill Lane near Millwood Subdivision
Member of Goshen Baptist Church
- Graduated from Spotsylvania High School
- Received Associates Degree in Business Administration from Germanna Community College
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting from Virginia Tech.
- Certified as a Master Governmental Treasurer through The Treasurers Association of Virginia and the Weldon Cooper Center for Public Service at the University of Virginia
- Attended numerous seminars and training classes in both leadership development and management skills. Completed the LEAD Program for leadership through University of Virginia . Continues to actively participate in the ongoing certification program for Treasurers.
- After graduating from Virginia Tech. was hired by Spotsylvania County as a staff accountant in July of 1974.
- Promoted to Finance Officer in 1975 and served in this position until December of 1987.
- Served as Interim County Administrator for seven months in 1978.
- Elected Treasurer for Spotsylvania County in 1987 and took office in 1988.
- After graduation from College I returned to Spotsylvania and became active in the youth program for Parks and Recreation and Coached various sports including, baseball, basketball, soccer, and football for many years and continue to coach today
- Coached a local semi-pro baseball team for ten years
- Held several offices (President and Treasurer) in the PTA/PTO at Livingston Elementary School
- Past member of the Spotsylvania Volunteer Fire Department, served as president of Company Two and as president of the whole department for two years
- Active in the Athletic Booster Club at Spotsylvania High School for over 20 years, serving as both President and Treasurer
- Active in the Babe Ruth Baseball Association for over 20 years and currently serve as the commissioner for District V
- Active in the Treasurers Association of Virginia since taking office in 1988. Served on various committees and have held the positions of secretary, second and first vice president, president elect, and president. Currently serving as chairman of the Legislative Committee
- Received Community Service Award from the Treasurers’ Association, award for Treasurer of the Year (2003) and The President's Award (2007 & 2014) and the Commonwealth Award (2013)
- Past President for VALECO ( Virginia Association of Local Elected Constitutional Officers.)
A Message From The Treasurer:
Since taking office in 1988, the Treasurer’s office has taken advantage of changes in technology and made changes in our operations in order to improve our productivity and service to the community. The taxpayer can view their tax balances and water sewer bills online and make their payments online. A future goal for my office is to have the ability to send tax bills to customers electronically. Customer service remains at the forefront of our efforts to improve the day to day functions within my office.
One of the primary duties of our office is the collection of tax revenues. We have been very successful in the collection of all taxes and fees at a rate of 98% within twelve months of the due date. We continue to work with taxpayers to establish payment plans to improve our collection rate.
I am very proud to state that our office has received the Award of Accreditation by the Treasurer’s Association of Virginia. Along with myself being certified as a Master Governmental Treasurer, our office has close to 50% of our staff members certified as Master Governmental Deputy Treasurers through the Weldon Cooper Center at the University of Virginia.
My plans are to serve Spotsylvania Citizens the best I can and to give the best customer service possible with the budget provided. I feel that I have a good working relationship with the Board of Supervisors, the county administration staff and all other county departments and I would like to serve Spotsylvania as Treasurer for the remaining years of my career. Serving the public is what I enjoy the most and Spotsylvania County is where I plan to stay active.
Main: (540) 507-7058
Fax: (540) 582-6303
8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
PO Box 100
Spotsylvania, VA 22553
Physical Address: Directions
9104 Courthouse Road
Spotsylvania, VA 22553
Web site feedback